FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

NIOS processor booting issue from external flash with Max 10

ABola2
Novice

I need to use the Max 10 to run nios processor but I cannot detect the flash device. I know the JIC file is the way, i created it and no way to get the flash programmed. please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amanda,

Here are the "Step by step" guide to use the PFL (Parallel Flash Loader IP) and the project file for MAX 10 Dev-kit. Plus I am sharing a guide of all the alternative boots on MAX 10

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

What is the flash device you are targeting?

Regards,

0 Kudos
ABola2
Novice

I am using EPCQ flashnow and planning to use EPCQ64A in future

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

For the EPCQ you can easily use the PFL (Parallel Flash Loader) to program your flash device. I will attach a file shows you how to do it, plus a project file of PFL on MAX 10 Dev-Kit. This project I made it myself, you are free to edit it and use it.

For future work I don't recommend you to use EPCQA as Max 10 doesn't support the active serial flash devices, you better choose another family like CV, Arria or Stratix if you want to go with the Active Serial flash device. In this situation you can use the Serial Flash Loader IP to program this flash device.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amanda,

Here are the "Step by step" guide to use the PFL (Parallel Flash Loader IP) and the project file for MAX 10 Dev-kit. Plus I am sharing a guide of all the alternative boots on MAX 10

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

PFL project

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
ABola2
Novice

Hi @AhmedH_Intel​  ,

I am really cannot find words to thank you. For the fast and professional support. Please always answer my questions. If mentioning your name in the post will make you take care of my question i will do it every time I have an issue.

.thanks

Amanda B

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks Amanda for your comment. Please let me know if you need more support.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ABola2
Novice

Can I find these files on Intel.com? or it is here only?

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Amanda,

I 'v created the step by step guide myself to help you know how we do the programming. The steps you can exclude it from the Intel's documents and application notes.

Thanks for asking Intel support.

0 Kudos