FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Need Warranty Replacement for Defective Daughter Card that came with the Arria 10 SoC dev Kit.

EGarc28
Beginner

Hi Intel Support Team,

Per support team to post Warranty question here in public as they can't help by email.

Our End User Intel purchased the below and need help with Warranty / Replacement.

Part/Model#: DK-SOC-10AS066S-A / ALTERA ARRIA 10 SoC - DEVELOPMENT KIT Serial# of kit or unit: 10ASXSoC003509

Issue: They have couple of daughter cards shipped with the Arria 10 SoC dev Kit.

In that , The QSPI flash Daughter Card got corrupted after erasing existing program.

Looking for Replacement. Need Warranty check with mfg.

Please help check and reply asap having hard time finding answers for customer.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. The failure description you provided is too general to understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Can you give me a little background/elaborate on how customer program their QSPI file? How do they boot the board? have they changed any switches?
0 Kudos
EGarc28
Beginner

Hi Team,

Can you please advise next step? See below customer reply:

We were using QSPI Daughter card as a boot device on the Arria 10 SoC dev kit and we were flashing the secondary boot loader using the usb port.

When we did the erase program on the QSPI flash , it erased the Device ID too . After wards we are not able to boot it from QSPI daughter card as the Device ID value returns as 0x00000000. This fails the initial device verification steps.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
HI can you try to change the MSEL switches to JTAG mode and then program the JIC into the QSPI flash memory?
0 Kudos
EGarc28
Beginner

Hi Team,

Per Customer:

We can still able to flash the code.

But the problem is , when the processor starts loading the device ID verification fails .

Please advise.

Is there a way you can communicate with customer directly?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
The failure description you provided is too general to understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Can you give me a little background/elaborate on how you load the device ID and verify if fails? What do you mean, We can still able to flash the code, what code do you refer to? You can also get your customer post question directly in this forum.
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Just dropping by to check if you have any update from your end? Do let me know if there's any issue.
0 Kudos
EGarc28
Beginner

Hi, Yes. I gave customer link to this forum so that they can work direct with you instead. I haven't heard back a reply. I will follow up with them.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Ok thanks
0 Kudos