FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Need help running the PCIe to DD3 Reference design program in Windows7 or Vista

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I got the Altera PCIe to DD3R reference design program (http://www.altera.com/support/refdesigns/ip/interface/ref-pciexpress-ddr3-sdram.html) to work successfully in Windows XP, but now I'm trying to get it to work on two other machines with Windows Vista and Windows 7 OS? The Jungo drives for the reference design will not install correctly in either Vista or Windows 7. Is there a way to get around this? Has anyone out there got this reference design to run on Linux? Has anyone out there written a driver to run this program on either of these other operating systems? 

--- Addendum --- 

See the screenshot ... you can see that when I run the install.bat, I get an error (unsupported operating system).  

Is there any way I can get wdreg for Windows Vista ... is there any way to make this work in Vista?  

Thanks, 

Eric 

------------------------------------------------------- 

Electronics Engineer 

Microwave and Communication Systems Branch  

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 567 

8800 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt, Maryland 20771, USA 

Building 25, Room S054, Mail Code 567.3 

Phone: (301)-286-3439 Email: eric.j.harris@nasa.gov 

-------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am trying to run the reference design on Arria II GX development board but having the same issue as you are having. There are no Windows XP machines available in the market with PCI Express cards. I have a Windows 7 machine with PCI Express card. Did you find any work around to this problem? 

Regards, 

Raj 

408-750-4359 (Mobile)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am in the same position. 

I have gone so far as to install Windows Virtual PC with XP Mode. This will install the drivers, but cannot see the hardware, while the Windows 7 host OS can see the hardware, but won't install the drivers. 

I have searched and searched the Altera site, Forums and Wiki, but I have found nothing useful, just this thread. Does anyone know if there is a Win 7 compatible version of the driver and GUI, or if there is some configuration needed for the Virtual PC to see the PCIe hardware? 

Cheers,
0 Kudos