FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5283 Discussions

Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit vga output problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey 

I am using Nios II Evaluation Kit Cyclone III Edition. Quartus7.2 

i download the "neek_application_selector_vga_mirror_design_example"  

form Nios Wiki.  

i display Nios II designs on a Monitor(the Resolution is 1440x900 ) using VGA , 

the problem comes,the output from the vga can't fit all of the screen , only some of the screen can show the vga application selector,i guess the resolution maybe 1100x540 in the Center , in order to make it fit all the sceen that i modify the parameters of the Number of Columns to 1400 and the Number of Rows to 900 in the Video Sync Generator (in the SOPC builder) , but it can't work. 

how can i save this problem ? 

With Regards
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good morning! 

The NEEK has got the Terasic Multimedia Touch Panel Daughter Board (MTDB). I have posted the links to the Terasic resources several times here in the forum. You can find the specifications for VGA in the Manual, P.27 Table 4.4. I read from the table, that you can get 1280x1024 max, but it could be that the table is just not complete. Perhaps you give it a try and read that passage, perhaps it gives you some clues. 

Good luck!