FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5923 Discussions

Nios Kit, Cyclone _I_ Edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've bought an used Nios Development Kit, Cyclone _I_ Edition at local flea market w/o power supply, docs and Download Cable. 

http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/mnl_nios_board_cyclone_1c20.pdf 

I've successfully made a power supply. The board is working and contains ancient NIOS demo :). It seems nobody used this board. 

Unfortunately I can't find a full software kit / sourcecode for this board. Can anyone help me ? 

Another problem is Download Cable. AFAIK the modern Terasic USB Blaster should work with this board, isn't it ?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Unfortunately I can't find a full software kit / sourcecode for this board. Can anyone help me ? 

--- Quote End ---  

Try here: 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/devkit/ 

--- Quote Start ---  

Another problem is Download Cable. AFAIK the modern Terasic USB Blaster should work with this board, isn't it ? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, it'll work fine. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've found schematic and documentation: 

http://www.altera.com/support/ip/processors/kits/ips-nios2-dev-kits.html 

<Nios II Development Kit, Cyclone Edition>
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

That board if I remember correctly was released around.... Quartus II v2.2 and the designs were probably maintained up to around 6.0-6.1 So I recommend getting something like the full featured design ported to using the latest and greatest tools before moving on to whatever project you have in mind. If you plan on creating only a small design then starting from scratch is probably fine too.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've successfully attached an unnamed USB Blaster clone (waiting my Terasic USB Blaster) and see EP1C20 chip now with Programmer tool from the Quartus II 11sp1 Web edition. 

The file arhive "niosII_cyclone_1c20" is available on the web too...
0 Kudos