FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

No device is detected

SWONG37
Beginner

I was using stratix 10 and installed Quartus-pro-19.1.0.240 & stratix 10 driver. But I got an error message "Error when scanning hardware - No devices" after click "\Intel® Stratix® 10 TX Signal Integrity Development Kit\stratix10TX_1st280yf55_si_revA_v18.0.1b261_v1.0\examples\board_test_system\BoardTestSystem". Given that stratix10 was connected to PC.

May I know is there any step I miss? Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Deshi_Intel
HI Sam, General rule of thumb in using Intel FPGA dev kit board is to reduce the JTAG frequency first. By default JTAG frequency is set to 24MHz. Kindly reduce it to 16MHz or lower. You can do it by launching Quartus Prime programmer -> hardware setup -> hardware frequency The other thing to take note is BoardTestSystem software is specially designed to pair with certain Quartus version usage only. In your case, it's Quartus v18.0.1 as indicated in your installation folder naming. You can use Quartus v19.1 for your own design testing but try not to use it for BoardTestSystem software. Thanks. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos
JYEUN2
Beginner

Hi Dlim,

Thanks for your information. I am colleauges of SAM and work toether to use the board to test the transceivers (hope so). ​

I am being confused little bit that I order the kit but I found that I got the LinearTech DC1613A rather than Intel FPGA Download Cable II. The instructions in your documents are used Intel FPGA Download Cable II. I am wondering that may I know the differences?

Can I ask that do you have any FAE in China region or Hong Kong to provide some demonstrations for setting up the board. The function I want to use is only to test the oSFP/QSFP modules' performances.

Thanks for your help and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack YEUNG

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi Jack,

There is on board USB blaster controller chip. You can use USB type B cable to connect to on board CN1 connector to perform JTAG programming to FPGA. (refer to attached pic)

May I know what's your company name and where is your office located ? At the same time, I will try to check around to see if I can get some local FAE contact.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
JYEUN2
Beginner

Hi dlim,

Thanks very much for your information.

My company is located in Hong Kong and there is the contact information

Name: Cloud Light Technology Limited

Address: 3/F, 6 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China

Telephone: +852 92116586 (Hong Kong)

+86 14714605992 (China Mobile)

Here are my main problems:

• The board cannot recognized by Windows 10 (this is the biggest issue. The Windows can install the driver but always claims that there encounters error);
  • How to activate the Intel Quartus® Prime Pro Software One-Year license;
  • How to USE the BTS.

Thanks for your help and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack YEUNG

0 Kudos
JYEUN2
Beginner

Hi dlim,

May I ask that are there any updates?

Finally, I can open the BTS but still don't know how to active the liscene of the FPGA software. For others,  I am still trying.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack YEUNG​

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel
Hi Jack, My understanding is Intel FPGA local FAE should had contacted you for the follow up. if not, then feel free to email the local FAE directly for support. Michael Yao (michael.hui.yong.yao@intel.com) Thanks. Regards, dlim
0 Kudos
JYEUN2
Beginner

Hi dlim,

Thanks for your help and I have got the contacts.

Yours Sincerely,

Jack YEUNG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos