FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

No display on little LCD on Intel S10 GX Transceiver Development Kit

JSu
Employee

I recently got a set of Intel S10 GX Transceiver Development Kit. At the beginning, it displayed IP address on a little LCD. For some unknown reason, IP address does not appear anymore.

Please help recover the network connection with IP address.

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you restart back your internet router? If possible, Shutdown/kill all the service and restart router back from ground zero to see if it works

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

Thank you for your suggestions.

Tried various ways including resetting router, getting a brand new router with only S10 GX transceiver board and host PC connected only, but all still failed. Seems something related to Ethernet on the board corrupted...

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

All dev kits have a way of booting back to the factory image stored in flash, usually a DIP switch.  Check your switches.  If it still doesn't work, there are usually instructions in the dev kit user manual for how to reflash the factory image if it got corrupted somehow.

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

As suggested in the user guide, I tried to use board update portal (BUP) tool to restore factory default setting. Due to losing network connection, the system reported error. Then, I tried to use Quartus tool to load factory default bup.sof, it failed in programming. This is the dilemma i am in now. 

How may I get network connection restored first?

Thank you, 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Could you provide the screenshot/error message report? 

JSu
Employee

Two issues addressed to have got the board working as expected now:

(1) Install Quartus prime Pro 18.1 build 222, which is the build to be used for the SW release. However, one could not find build 222 online directly. I got help from Intel PSG team for access to this specific build. After installation, FPGA .sof was loaded successfully and the display was restored.

(2) I had to lower JTAG frequency from 24MHz to 16MHz to get GUI registration done successfully.

Now the board is working and I wish other people might benefit from the pain I suffered (the kit has to use a specific build, which may not be readily available to users, which is not a fun part)

Thank you for your help AR_A_Intel

0 Kudos
JSu
Employee

JSu_0-1647232824315.png

Here it is...Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos