FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

PCI Gen 1.0 testing for Cyclone V GX - PC side software application.

MHada
Beginner

1) We have successfully downloaded and executed the .sof file that comes with the archived project hip_cvgt_g1_x4_avst64_150.qar on a Cyclone-5-GT development kit for running PCIe GEN 1.0. We have tested it with PC side software available herewith.

2) But our hardware custom design is ready with Cyclone V GX Device 5CGXFC7D6F31I7N device. Whether we can change the pin assignments and recompile, whether the same windows device driver and software application program will work for PC side testing for PCI Gen 1.0.

3) We feel the same windows device driver will be appropriate for the modified project. Let us know whether our assumption is correct.

4) We have a doubt whether the same PC side software application program will work for the modified project for Cyclone V GX device. If it does not work, whether Intel can provide us with a suitable solution for this so that we can test it without putting much efforts on the PC side. How can current PC side software be made useful with minimum efforts in worst case.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

Yes, ideally, you can use the same design, change the device, pin assignment, re-generate the IP and recompile for the Cyclone V GX design. It should work in the hardware.

As for the software driver, it comes with the design example, and it is provided as-is or as it is.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
MHada
Beginner

Hi,

We thank you for the revert. I request you to please let us know whether same software will work or not?

Please provide us the PC side software for a GX device, if it does not work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

As far as I understand, the driver should work for different Cyclone V device as well. The support for the software driver is limited, where it is based on the user application, and difference OS may have difference requirement. I am afraid that there is no other software driver available other than the driver that comes with the example design.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos