FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4959 Discussions

PCISIG Compliance of Stratix V GX FPGA Development Board ??

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Can anyone say if the Stratix V GX FPGA development board passes the PCISIG compliance tests for Gen3 ? Or has been to a PCISIG "plugfest". 

I ran the board configured as Gen3 X1 , which worked at Gen 3 in an X86 system , but seemed to be stuck at preset P7 settings when tested on 

a protocol aware BERT. Any ideas on how to get it to pass the LeCroy EP compliance tests on the PERT ?  

Thanks, Bob.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

This seems to indicate the preset is fixed ... 

• Stratix V PCIe Hard IP Presets: http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd01232015_198.html 

My question then is what to do to get the Stratix V Gen3 design to be PCI SIG compliant given it has to negotiate 3 presets to apss the compliance tests. 

I myst be missing something here
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Do I need to go to PCI SIG or to Altera to find out how to get a compliant Stratix V Gen3 design ?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Here is an answer ... 

http://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/pci_sig_gen3_x8_merged_design_-_stratix_v  

I came across this in a search I guess .. It is a design with 3 compliance based functions that I assume is the same PFGA design used to pass PCISIG compliance. 

I have build the design and committed to FLASH and will run the compliance tests on it ... any ideas on how to get to EP loopback mode ? 

Interestingly the 3 compliance modes are DIP Switch selected .... OR if you only have the FPGA, clocks and power, there is a "probe" function allowing the switch inputs to be forced as if there was a virtual switch ... neat !  

Thanks, Bob.