FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Pin assignment file for Arria V SoC development kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

Could someone help me in finding pin assignment file for Arria V SoC Development kit? For Xilinx boards, there is something called master ucf file. Is there any such similar file in case of Altera boards. I came up with reference manuals. But the pin assignments is spread across whole manual and also the manual doesnt cover all pin assignments, like clock pins au32 and al20. From board layout file I could get the required pin assignments. But it is tedious to find pins of other peripherals. Please help me in sorting this.  

It will be a better idea if Altera could come up with such important files. Pardon me if I failed to find such file, if there is one already present. 

Thank you all in advance! 

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Have you downloaded the "kit installation" from the dev kit web link that contains reference design file ? You should be able to find *.qsf file that contains the pin assignment for that specific reference design application. 

https://www.altera.com/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-arria-v-soc.html 

Thanks. 

Regards, 

spdl2001 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your reply and time! 

I have used a similar solution. In the golden reference files there were many .qsf files. I was able to find the required information from it. Also the pdf file a5_soc_devkit_c.pdf is useful. 

Regards
0 Kudos