FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5920 Discussions

Pin assignment for Flash and SDRAM of DE2-70

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear my friends 

I wanna make pin assignments for flash and Sdram of DE2-70 altera kit but I don't know which one is correct. Could you check it for me (I've attached it in this message)?  

what is the pin  

"select_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0"? 

"tri_state_bridge_0_readn"? 

"write_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0"? 

Thank you very much
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"select_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0" : FLASH_CE_N pin AG28 

"tri_state_bridge_0_readn" : FLASH_OE_N pin AG29 

"write_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0" : FLASH_WE_N pin AJ29
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

"select_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0" : FLASH_CE_N pin AG28 

"tri_state_bridge_0_readn" : FLASH_OE_N pin AG29 

"write_n_to_the_cfi_flash_0" : FLASH_WE_N pin AJ29 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you very much. I got it. I try it now, if I have any problem could I ask again? 

Best regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After compiling and downloading to FPGA, I'd run NIOS II and got this error. How can I fix this error? 

--- Quote Start ---  

**** Build of configuration Release for project Homwork **** 

make -s all includes  

1 [main] ? (6404) c:\altera\90\quartus\bin\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487, base 0x680000, top 0x690000, reserve_size 61440, allocsize 65536, page_const 4096 

0 [main] sh 3916 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization, retry 0, exit code 0x100, errno 11 

/bin/sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable 

/bin/sh: /cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds: is a directory 

cygpath: can't convert empty path 

/cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:120: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

/cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/build/system_rules.mk:124: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such file or directory 

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk'. Stop. 

make: *** [system_project] Error 2 

Build completed in 5.478 seconds 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of Quartus are you using? IIRC this is a common problem with Cygwin. If you search the forum with cygwin, fork and/or "couldn't allocate head" you should have some answers.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Which version of Quartus are you using? IIRC this is a common problem with Cygwin. If you search the forum with cygwin, fork and/or "couldn't allocate head" you should have some answers. 

--- Quote End ---  

I used Quartus II 9.0
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes I think it was a very common problem with Quatrus II 9.0. I don't remember if there was a fix though.

0 Kudos