FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

Problems with NEEK tutorial using Quartus 9.1sp2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I will apologize in advance for being a NOOB... (perhaps, I should RTFM, too) 

I downloaded the NEEK tutorial from Altera's website. The NEEK tutorial seems to be targeted at Quartus 9.0. Following the tutorial, I had no problems with the hardware portion of the tutorial -- I created the bit file just fine thanks. 

However, the menus for the software portion of the tutorial on Quartus 9.1sp2 were entirely different from the sceenshots in the tutorial. I was able to stumble through most of the differences but it seems that SYSLIB has become BSP. 

When I build the software application, the main program fails to compile since it is missing the uCOS stuff. 

Is there a newer tutorial somewhere? Can anybody straightened me out here? Looking through the Wiki, I did find a BSP with a uCOS directory in it. 

Thanks for the help, 

Wayne
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

in 9.1 Altera switched to Nios II SBT (plugins) for Eclipse rather than a customized Eclipse release (Nios II IDE). 

try searching altera.com for SBT tutorial and you'll find a couple of documents to guide you.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Guru, thanks for the help; it's really appreciated. Although you can't see me, I am bowing in your general direction.