FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Programming a Cyclone III device with a different speed grade

ericmtzr
New Contributor I

I have a question about programming a Cyclone III device with a different speed grade than the original part.  The original design targeted a P/N EP3C55U484C8N but none are available.  I can get EP3C55U484C6N.  Are there any issues with using the old image with a different speed grade part?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

You are moving to a faster part, should not be a problem. The speed is not part of the programming file itself, so it should program just fine. And unless you are doing something sketchy with your design it should work just fine too.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

You are moving to a faster part, should not be a problem. The speed is not part of the programming file itself, so it should program just fine. And unless you are doing something sketchy with your design it should work just fine too.

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos