FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Question on SD Card Music Player example on Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I am using Cyclone II FPGA Starter Board. I am able to complete all the examples in the User Guide except the last one: SD Card Music Player. I am stuck at step 4 after loading the sof file: 

"4. Run the Nios II IDE under the workspace CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio" 

What does this mean? Which file in the CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio folder is to be opened by Nios II IDE?  

I tried CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio.qpf, but it gets opened by Quartus IDE instead. I can compile it successfully but don't know what to do next.  

Please advise. Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

The qpf file is Quartus Project File (text file), not for Nios II IDE. 

In my opinion, you have  

to import (by the Nios II IDE menu> Import),  

or to create a new Nios II IDE project (for Quartus II <= 9.0sp2) and include the source files (*.h, *.c...)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi mmTsuchi, 

Thanks for your reply. But there are on Nios IDE project files (.project or .cdtproject) in the folder CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio, and the files are mostly *.v files. I didn't find a way to import them. Could you please elaborate a little more on how to do it? 

Thanks, 

gpenghe 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

The qpf file is Quartus Project File (text file), not for Nios II IDE. 

In my opinion, you have  

to import (by the Nios II IDE menu> Import),  

or to create a new Nios II IDE project (for Quartus II <= 9.0sp2) and include the source files (*.h, *.c...) 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

*.v are Verilog files. Those files are Hardware Description Langage files and are NOT parts of NIOS software files. 

--- Quote Start ---  

But there are [S]on[/S] no Nios IDE project files (.project or .cdtproject) in the folder CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio 

--- Quote End ---  

Do you have *.c, *.h or perhaps *.zip *.tgz *.tbz *.bz *.gz ...?
0 Kudos