Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Question on SD Card Music Player example on Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit

Hello,  

I am using Cyclone II FPGA Starter Board. I am able to complete all the examples in the User Guide except the last one: SD Card Music Player. I am stuck at step 4 after loading the sof file: 

"4. Run the Nios II IDE under the workspace CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio" 

What does this mean? Which file in the CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio folder is to be opened by Nios II IDE?  

I tried CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio.qpf, but it gets opened by Quartus IDE instead. I can compile it successfully but don't know what to do next.  

Please advise. Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

The qpf file is Quartus Project File (text file), not for Nios II IDE. 

In my opinion, you have  

to import (by the Nios II IDE menu> Import),  

or to create a new Nios II IDE project (for Quartus II <= 9.0sp2) and include the source files (*.h, *.c...)
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi mmTsuchi, 

Thanks for your reply. But there are on Nios IDE project files (.project or .cdtproject) in the folder CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio, and the files are mostly *.v files. I didn't find a way to import them. Could you please elaborate a little more on how to do it? 

Thanks, 

gpenghe 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

The qpf file is Quartus Project File (text file), not for Nios II IDE. 

In my opinion, you have  

to import (by the Nios II IDE menu> Import),  

or to create a new Nios II IDE project (for Quartus II <= 9.0sp2) and include the source files (*.h, *.c...) 

--- Quote End ---  

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

*.v are Verilog files. Those files are Hardware Description Langage files and are NOT parts of NIOS software files. 

--- Quote Start ---  

But there are [S]on[/S] no Nios IDE project files (.project or .cdtproject) in the folder CII_Starter_SD_Card_Audio 

--- Quote End ---  

Do you have *.c, *.h or perhaps *.zip *.tgz *.tbz *.bz *.gz ...?