FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5275 Discussions

Questions regarding DCFIFO>DMA>DDR2 controller

EMeti
Beginner

1. In Qsys read from DCFIFO write to DDR2 SDRAM using DMA fails. In other words I want to write ADC samples into DDR2 SDRAM using DCFIFO+ DMA+DDR2_controller.

2. In Qsys I add another DMA to the existing block I successfully write to and read from the same DDR2 onboard SDRAM by programming the DMA but; it is slow! 64 MB/sn.

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Dear EMeti,

I am truly sorry for the delay in response. I missed out your thread. I will try my best to help you. Please see my reply below, I need few clarification regarding the issue.

1. In Qsys read from DCFIFO write to DDR2 SDRAM using DMA fails. In other words I want to write ADC samples into DDR2 SDRAM using DCFIFO+ DMA+DDR2_controller.

[NAli1]: Can you try to read/write from DCFIFO + DMA + DCFIFO? Is it pass? The reason I ask because we want to know which side is causing the problem; is it from the DMA or the DDR2 controller.

2. In Qsys I add another DMA to the existing block I successfully write to and read from the same DDR2 onboard SDRAM by programming the DMA but; it is slow! 64 MB/sn.

[NAli1]: As I understand it, case #1 failed to perform read/write while case#2 can passed. What is the main configuration different between case #1 and #2 ?

Thanks

Regards,

NAli1

EMeti
Beginner

Dear NAli1_Intel,

Many Thanks for reply,

1. for the case #1 I will try DCFIFO + DMA + DCFIFO config. then will be back.
  2. in case #2 the main difference from case #1 is: the successfull (but slow) DMA operation reads data from DDR2 SDRAM to the HOST PC memory. I check it by writing to DDR2 SDRAM via PCIe_bar_1_0 and then reading the memory content via DMA. As I said it is successfull but; slower (64 MB/s read speed) than expected 500 MB/s.
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi EMeti,

Good day to you.

Just would like to follow-up with you any finding from your side based on my previous feedback regarding case 1 ?

Thanks

Regards,

NAli1