FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

RTOS_TOOLS link missed

wshen19
Beginner

Hi all,

I can not access following page which contains rtos_tools for Cyclone V SoC FPGA,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/rtos_tools.html

0 Kudos
12 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Have you tried login in before accessing the link?

If above doesn't help, try clearing your browser cookies to see if it helps.

Let me know if you still couldn't access the rtos tools link.

0 Kudos
wshen19
Beginner

I can not login to http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/ before access that page, the login page has something wrong - it does nothing after I click 'Sign In' button. But I can login intel.com with the same user name and password. The picture shows the login page, the one with Yellow circle is the software I want to download.

fail.png

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Let me double check for you since you cannot access it, the link will bring you to display various Operating System Ecosystem for Intel® SoC FPGAs: such as VxWorks, Wind River Linux etc. which then will direct you to their websites respectively.

May I know which Operating System Ecosystem for Intel® SoC FPGAs you are looking for? In the mean time I will check for you and paste the link here.

Here is my recommendation regarding the login issue:

1. Clear your browser cookies
  2. Refresh your browser
  3. Re-login into the page
  4. Click the SoC RTOS link again

Try these steps to see if this improves your situation.

0 Kudos
wshen19
Beginner

Thanks for your update, but this link shouldn't be a redirection link, it should contains a set of software (binary) image that used to create bootable SD card image, then boot VxWorks for following board,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-cyclone-v-soc.html

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience, I shall channel your feedback to our internal team.

However, I am delighted that you have reached out to us, I hope your initial inquiry has been solved through this forum.

Regards.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any additional questions?

0 Kudos
wshen19
Beginner

Hi. I am still stucking at this​. Thanks.

0 Kudos
wshen19
Beginner

No. rtos_tool is used to boot that.

The rtos_tool link shall contains the essential 'firmware' to boot VxWorks. It contains a SD card image (with U-Boot SPL / U-Boot), and the U-Boot support 'bootm' for VxWorks.

0 Kudos
wshen19
Beginner

Please note that step 2 requires a image to create SD/MMC card, and this image comes from "rtos_tools", what I am looking for!!!

"rtos_tools" contains both 140 and 131 SD card image.

"2. Create an SD/MMC card. Says to unzip ‘sdmmc/cv_140_fat_sdmmc.zip’ and then write the image, cv_140_fat_sdmmc.img, to the SD card using Win32 Disk Imager.  "

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

That image is using old version of Quartus. Let me check if we have newer version.

You may need to create your own img file for this.

0 Kudos