FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Regarding the documentation on 'disabling' dev board drivers

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I recently read in the on-site documentation somewhere, that if USB-Blaster drivers are not working properly, the solution is to 'disable' the drivers. That's the end of the documented solution. Does it follow that, i would then connect the dev. board and install manually when new hardware is found? I guess that's a windows centric question. Thanks. I'm trying to resurrect a Terasic Development board. 

Cheers, :) 

Bob
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Uninstall it. 

1. Connect the board and power on after which you can see new hardware right click on it and manually point to the USB blaster driver directory. 

New hardware->Update->Browser to the directory->next->close 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/drivers/usb-blaster/dri-usb-blaster-vista.html 

Point to the correct directory (usb-blaster/usb-blaster-II). 

If it does not work then you need to reinstall the Quartus. 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Uninstall it. 

1. Connect the board and power on after which you can see new hardware right click on it and manually point to the USB blaster driver directory. 

New hardware->Update->Browser to the directory->next->close 

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/drivers/usb-blaster/dri-usb-blaster-vista.html 

Point to the correct directory (usb-blaster/usb-blaster-II). 

If it does not work then you need to reinstall the Quartus. 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, Anand. I presently have the Intel Max10_50 development Kit running well with included USB drivers.  

So it boils down to bad drivers for one board. 

With my Max10 Dev boards (NEEK Max10) i have a situation where the wrong drivers cannot be uninstalled because they keep coming back without solution, as described in another thread i have exhausted all but service by PC tech to se if they can sort it out. I'm wondering if this is an appropriate time to invoke the 'disable' option as described in the drivers posting. I thought it may be a way to bypass and prevent the "appropriate drivers already installed" message that win10 reports, when it refuses to install the correct drivers. If the idea is not going to work, i will break down and get another Win10 PC just for my NEEK board. :)
0 Kudos