FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Repair of Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit

RyanT
New Contributor I

Hi,

I bought an Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit from Mouser in February 2021. Initially it worked well. In September 2021, it started to show some instability in JTAG interface via the on-board USB blaster interface and sometimes the JTAG interface is not detected. The JTAG detection failure rate increases as time goes by. By end of 2021, the on-board JTAG interface cannot be detected.

I bought an external USB Blaster II cable and it can program SOF file to the Arria 10 FPGA. Arria 10 can operate and function accordingly to SOF coding.

Hence, it seems to be a localized issue on the JTAG interface (Cypress USB transceiver / MAX 2).

Can you advise if the board can be repaired?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. May we know, is this the board that you’re referring to? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/arria/10-gx-signal-integrity.html

0 Kudos
RyanT
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. Could you provide the following for warranty checking?

Name:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Dev kit OPN :

Serial Number :

You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
RyanT
New Contributor I

Sure, I've provided the information in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Solution is provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos