FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Repetitive programming when using .pof file

SMS
Beginner

Whenever I try to program the target device using a .pof file the Quartus programmer programs it in never ending loop unless stopped. I have tried using two different devices (i.e. 10M16SAE144I7G and 10M50DAF484C7G) with separate download cables but the response is same. The .sof file programs fine. Sometimes when programmed using .pof file it does not gets programmed at all. Does anyone have idea how to resolve this. I am using Quartus Prime Lite v18.0. Thanks

Regards

Sarmad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SMS,

1. May I know how do you convert your .pof file? which flash device you are using? (it would be great if you could share screenshot on how you set setting when convert to pof file)
  2. Did you use any IP Base Suite in your design?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SMS
Beginner

UPDATE: Disabling the real-time ISP function (by unchecking Enable real-time isp to allow background programming when available) resolved the issue but I would like to understand the reason for this behavior.

Re. to WolfGang

1. I am using the .pof file that is generated by default. For 10M16SAE144I7G I used USB Blaster-II cable and for 10M50DAF484C7G the on-board flash circuitry (EPM240T100C3N) that comes on DE10-Lite board.
  2. Yes, I am using On-Chip Flash and Soft LVDS IPs.
0 Kudos