FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Request for a verilog code to connect PCA9685 to Altera Cyclone IV FPGA based development board

first_rain
Novice

Hello

I'm need to control a bunch of servo-motors by a FPGA board (Altera cyclone IV core).  I'm using a PCA9685 as the driver of the motors. I would be greatly tanksful if you could give me some hint or if it's possible a Verilog based example for running the motor driver. 

So far I assigned a pwm output from the fpga pin to SCL pin on PCA board, beside the vcc and the ground, I also wired one of the switches as for 0 or 1 to SDA pin assuming that the 0 would chose the servo 1th and the 1 would be choosing the servo number 1. nothing happens so far :)).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
first_rain
Novice

I would appreciate if someone could help

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Artin,

I found a open source reference related to servo controller that might be heloful. You can refer to link below for details.

https://gist.github.com/mcgodfrey/b94acfc796c240a4a164

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
first_rain
Novice

Hi, thanks for reply however my concern is about controlling the PCA9685 as the i2c to controll the servos.... not direct control.

0 Kudos
allthegoodnamesaregon

Are there any updates on the subject, i have the same issue since i'm trying to use the PCA9685 of the adafruit with my de0 nano

0 Kudos