FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

S10-DX-Kit and reference DMA over PCIe design

Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

hello

i have s10-DX kit which I am planning on using for developing a design. for this design i intend to get DMA over PCIe as basic functionality; and i will develop my user logic on top of it.

the SW package link i got (from kit homepage) has a sample PCIe design with associated SW. however there is no document which can help in understanding RAW lines of code. I will need details about the design to understand how can i use and enhance it for my usage.

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

You may generate the design directly from quartus. Then follow the steps using this document.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-dex-ptile-pcie-avmm.pdf

This document complete describe the step to generate the design. Also the step to run it on the s10 dx dev kit.

0 Kudos
Ankit_P_Intel
Employee

I am able to follow the guide, able to generate example design and generate SOF file.

next task - I want to extended the config address space mapping for PCIe IP above 0xFFh (to use and define PCIe DVSEC capability registers), and assign some predefined values to certain addresses in “Read Only” mode.

While generating PCIe IP through IP catalog , there was no option to define extended config space or DVSEC registers. so in order to do what i want, I started reviewing RTL files; generated by PCIe IP compilation in Quartus. Many of the files appears to be encrypted (see the screenshot); and I can not read the RTL code associated with these modules. Do you know how to decrypt these RTL files? So I can read them and identify lines of code, which needs to be modified.

encrypted.png

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

I am sorry. If the code is encrypted. This mean it is intended to make it no accessible by user. And it is also encrypted on my side.

0 Kudos