FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

SOPC Builder Freezes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whenever I start up Quartus II 10.1sp1 and I attempt to open SOPC Builder, it begins to start up, but gets stuck at "Creating Connection Kits" and never gets out. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall Quartus several times, I've installed both 10.1sp1 and 11.0 to no luck, does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So I'm not sure what the actual fix was, but for me I uninstalled everything Altera and hunted down and deleted EVERY file Quartus and NIOS left on my computer, then I also redownloaded 10.1sp1 from the website and reinstalled everything which seemed to work. Either the download got corrupted or some file was left over that was killing things, either way if someone else has this problem, delete EVERYTHING, restart, download Quartus again and reinstall.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, thank you for sharing your solution. 

I don't have trouble with sopc builder. But I have trouble with ModelSim Altera Starter Edition 6.6d. For example, modelsim fails to create new project due to "can't read "map.." : no such element in array" I haven't tried yet but it may worth tring not only re-install but also re-download.
0 Kudos