FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

SOPC Builder presets for MT9HTF12872AY-800E1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

My StratixIII DevKit is equipped with a 1 GB DDR2-DIMM of model MT9HTF12872AY-800E1 from factory. I'd like to use the Altera DDR2 SDRAM High Performance Controller in SOPC Builder. But it requires special settings for the RAM type. 

For the MT9HTF12872AY-800E1 no such memory preset is available. I don't feel comfortable to look the settings up in the data sheet and create a preset on my own. For instance, I could derive a setting for the 1 GB DIMM from the MT9HTF6472AY-80E preset (512 MB), because they seem to belong to the same family. 

Does anyone know where to get a approved preset? Or does anyone have an already working preset? 

Greetings, 

P.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I face the same problem... Does nobody have an idea where to get the memory parameters???
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

MT9HTF12872AY-800 

Please load the xml file in the attachment in MegaCore Wizard window. The preset parameters are given for modules running at 200MHz. 

(rename the file as .xml instead of .txt)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I saw that you had provided a preset file (xml) for MT9HTF12872AY DDR-800 on the forum. 

Right now I'm looking for the same xml file for a ddr2 from Samsung: K4T51163QG. 

Could you kindly, tell me how if we can generate this file, or where can we find it ? 

Thank you in advance,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I have asked the Altera service request for the xml preset file (MT9HTF12872AY is the chip on the stratixIII devKit). 

An other way is to get the datasheet of your chip, and modify my xml file with the new timings (via "Modify parameters" in DDR2 HPC in sopc builder)... 

Hope it helps
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your prompt reply. This is what I'm trying right now! to search/fill the new value according to the datasheet of my DDR-2. 

But, some value are missing... and some others are completely wrong !! 

I'm still trying.. 

Thx again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, it's not easy, there are so many timings! 

There are some preset values for samsung ddr chip in sopc, you could take this xml and adapt timings... I have started like this with Micron chip and I succeeded
0 Kudos