FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

SOPC & PLL Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Anytime i setup SOPC with NIOSII and Avalon PLL, generation fails and this is the warning i get. 

Warning: Error: Quartus II Generate HDL Interface was unsuccessful. 0 errors, 0 warnings 

Error: Error: Peak virtual memory: 207 megabytes 

Error: Error: Processing ended: Sat Oct 01 20:35:45 2011 

Error: Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:01 

Error: Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:01 

Warning: altpll_0: File altpll_0.v written by generation callback did not contain a module called altpll_0 

i am using quartusII 10.1, i tried it with quartus 11.0aswell with no success! 

Thanks 

Pratish
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can you explain how do you make your avalon pll. Take a screen for your design to help you.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'll try to upload screenshots later, but i did everything the manual in DE0 Nano says. I added PLL with 50MHz input clock and no other options(like aserted ...) has been deselected. Only input/outputs are 50MHz clock as input and 50MHz as output. Nothing else

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think i figured out the problem. i was using mac sox lion with parallels. turns out parallels was causing the problem, once i switched to vmware fusion, it worked perfect!