FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Setup Arria10GX FPGA Dev Kit offline

JRaz
Beginner

I have been trying to get the board test system running with and arria10GX FPGA Dev kit for a while now. I was finally able to get it the bts to start without an error message. Now in the message window I get a "Failed to read production information from this SOF in the FPGA" message. When I try and select a design from the configuration menu a pop up appears telling me to make sure the system console is closed. In the terminal I get the following

Oct 16, 2019 3:31:40 PM com.altera.bts.systemconsole.client.SysConService <init>

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Get master service paths failed! Device: "/devices/10AX115H1(.|E2|ES)|10AX115H2|..@1#1-2" Type:  

Oct 16, 2019 3:31:40 PM com.altera.bts.systemconsole.client.SysConService <init>

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Get master service paths failed! Device: "/devices/10AX115H1(.|E2|ES)|10AX115H2|..@1#1-2" Type:  

Oct 16, 2019 3:31:40 PM com.altera.bts.DesignDetection readFpgaDesignType

SEVERE: This FPGA design image is incompatible with this BTS GUI.

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Claim master service failed! Type: Path: master 

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Claim master service failed! Type: Path: nios2 

Oct 16, 2019 3:31:44 PM com.altera.bts.Programmer startProgramming

SEVERE: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "USB-BlasterII on localhost (1-2)"

The software I am using is from the product page. I have tried both ES and PROD versions of the bts with the same results.

Everything I read says to connect the board to the internet to use the board update portal. That is not an option for me, firewalls and such.

Can I setup offline? What am I not seeing?

I am running on a Red Hat machine with a standard version of quartus 18 installed.

I have tried an Ubuntu machine with 15 installed. That brought up some other problems with the blaster not being read properly.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you provide the error message screenshot?

0 Kudos