FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5234 Discussions

Soc Cyclone V SX development kit Error -1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I am currently trying to do the very first steps to get started with a Soc Cyclone V SX development kit, but it seems like I cannot manage to configurate the FPGA properly. 

For the context, I followed the different steps described in the "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Cyclone SoC Getting Started Guide", and I cannot observe the LEDS on the FPGA flashing in a counter pattern. 

I am using Window 7, so the linux_sd_card_image has been written on the SD card via Win32DiskImager. 

It has been tryed with 4 different SD cards, and the image comes from the installed version 15.1 of Quartus Prime Standard Windows. I tryed to desinstall it and install it again, and this image has been checked with sha256sum so it shouldn't be corrupted. 

When I connect the Board to the computer via TeraTerm, I obtain in the booting messages "altera_load: Failed with error code -1", meaning "The FPGA is not able to enter reset phase after FPGA reset request being made at FPGA Manager" according to https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/documentation/gsrd131programmingfpga

I checked the switch configuration, the environmental variables have been set and aoc --list-boards gives the list of the boards. 

I found a file refering to the leds pattern, so here are the linux commands i did and the message I obtain: 

>root@socfpga:~/altera# ./scroll_client 

Usage: ./scroll_client <ms between LED toggle> 

If <ms between toggle> is set to 0, 

application will return the current toggling delay. 

If <ms between toggle> is set to negative value, 

application will stop the LED scrolling. 

>root@socfpga:~/altera# ./scroll_client 1000 

Missing FPGA LEDs 

I wrote a VHDL code to lighten one LED to see if I can access the board via another path. Nevertheless, when I link Quartus II and the board via USB and Ethernet, it cannot find the hardware device in Programmer> Hardware Setup> Curretly selected hardware. I have checked the drivers, it should be all right, but I cannot find any more leads. 

Would you have any idea about where I should look to, to try to make it work? 

Thank you for your time. 

Laetitia
0 Kudos
0 Replies