FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

SockIt System Console in Q-II v13.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I'm just posting a problem that I found in trying to run the Arrow SoC Hardware Lab on the Sockit board in the hope of helping others avoid it. 

In Module 6: System Console, the test_one.tcl script works fine when run under Q-II v13.0, but fails under v13.1. 

I've traced this down to the address format in the tcl scripts. For example in test_one.tcl you may find a line: 

master_write_8 $jtag_master 0x1_0040 $val 

v13.1 of Q-II doesn't like the underscore in the address, so 0x1_0040 needs to be changed to 0x10040. 

All of the underscores in the addresses in the scripts appear to need to be removed. 

I hope this helps others. 

Cheers 

AL
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

I'm just posting a problem that I found in trying to run the Arrow SoC Hardware Lab on the Sockit board in the hope of helping others avoid it. 

In Module 6: System Console, the test_one.tcl script works fine when run under Q-II v13.0, but fails under v13.1. 

I've traced this down to the address format in the tcl scripts. For example in test_one.tcl you may find a line: 

master_write_8 $jtag_master 0x1_0040 $val 

v13.1 of Q-II doesn't like the underscore in the address, so 0x1_0040 needs to be changed to 0x10040. 

All of the underscores in the addresses in the scripts appear to need to be removed. 

I hope this helps others. 

Cheers 

AL 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, I was struggling to run this example and I was stuck at the same problem. This kind of changing without warning is a bit annoying...
0 Kudos