FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5281 Discussions

SockIt System Console in Q-II v13.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I'm just posting a problem that I found in trying to run the Arrow SoC Hardware Lab on the Sockit board in the hope of helping others avoid it. 

In Module 6: System Console, the test_one.tcl script works fine when run under Q-II v13.0, but fails under v13.1. 

I've traced this down to the address format in the tcl scripts. For example in test_one.tcl you may find a line: 

master_write_8 $jtag_master 0x1_0040 $val 

v13.1 of Q-II doesn't like the underscore in the address, so 0x1_0040 needs to be changed to 0x10040. 

All of the underscores in the addresses in the scripts appear to need to be removed. 

I hope this helps others. 

Cheers 

AL
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

I'm just posting a problem that I found in trying to run the Arrow SoC Hardware Lab on the Sockit board in the hope of helping others avoid it. 

In Module 6: System Console, the test_one.tcl script works fine when run under Q-II v13.0, but fails under v13.1. 

I've traced this down to the address format in the tcl scripts. For example in test_one.tcl you may find a line: 

master_write_8 $jtag_master 0x1_0040 $val 

v13.1 of Q-II doesn't like the underscore in the address, so 0x1_0040 needs to be changed to 0x10040. 

All of the underscores in the addresses in the scripts appear to need to be removed. 

I hope this helps others. 

Cheers 

AL 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you, I was struggling to run this example and I was stuck at the same problem. This kind of changing without warning is a bit annoying...