FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5282 Discussions

Some problems about Arria II GX kits used ethernet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,everyone.I used the arria ii gx kit to ethernet development which reference tohttp://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/nios_ii_ethernet_standard_rgmii_design_example

I could operated the example successfully,but i found the speed of ethernet is not good.I want to use the 1000Mbps,but only 100Mbps.So i have some questions about it: 

1.How to use the 1000Mbps of ethernet speed in the arria ii gx kit? 

2.My actual speed only 2MBytes per second,how to accelerating the ethernet speed? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the board connected to Your computer or a switch? The device You connected to is 100Mbps speed only.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for help.My board is server,computer is client.The TSE MegaCore and 88E1111 are support the 10/100/1000Mbps.How to choosed the GBE mode?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is alreadi chosen, since it shows RGMII. There are 3 possibilities: 

1) Your computer is only capable of 100/10Mbps. 

2) You use China Cat5e cable, which has only 2 pairs instead of required 4 pairs. 

3) You set Ena1000 to 0 in the TSE interface.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,my board is already connected to 1000Mpbs mode,but i modified line 253 in altera_avalon_tse.h to  

"#define ALTERA_TSE_MAC_SPEED_DEFAULT TSE_PHY_SPEED_1000" . 

But i don't know why it is not auto-negotiation to 1000Mbps.Could you tell me how to set the ENA1000 to 1 in the TSE interface.I don't know where the set up of TSE interface.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

check the sopc system instantiation file for "set_1000_to_the_tse_mac"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Socrates, how could i to do accelerationg my ethernet throughput rate, the throughput rate is 2MBps only at present,it is too slowly.