FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Some problems about Arria II GX kits used ethernet

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,everyone.I used the arria ii gx kit to ethernet development which reference tohttp://www.alterawiki.com/wiki/nios_ii_ethernet_standard_rgmii_design_example

I could operated the example successfully,but i found the speed of ethernet is not good.I want to use the 1000Mbps,but only 100Mbps.So i have some questions about it: 

1.How to use the 1000Mbps of ethernet speed in the arria ii gx kit? 

2.My actual speed only 2MBytes per second,how to accelerating the ethernet speed? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the board connected to Your computer or a switch? The device You connected to is 100Mbps speed only.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for help.My board is server,computer is client.The TSE MegaCore and 88E1111 are support the 10/100/1000Mbps.How to choosed the GBE mode?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It is alreadi chosen, since it shows RGMII. There are 3 possibilities: 

1) Your computer is only capable of 100/10Mbps. 

2) You use China Cat5e cable, which has only 2 pairs instead of required 4 pairs. 

3) You set Ena1000 to 0 in the TSE interface.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,my board is already connected to 1000Mpbs mode,but i modified line 253 in altera_avalon_tse.h to  

"#define ALTERA_TSE_MAC_SPEED_DEFAULT TSE_PHY_SPEED_1000" . 

But i don't know why it is not auto-negotiation to 1000Mbps.Could you tell me how to set the ENA1000 to 1 in the TSE interface.I don't know where the set up of TSE interface.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

check the sopc system instantiation file for "set_1000_to_the_tse_mac"

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Socrates, how could i to do accelerationg my ethernet throughput rate, the throughput rate is 2MBps only at present,it is too slowly.

0 Kudos