FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Starting with DE0-Nano-SoC

ManfredO
Beginner

Hi,

i recently bought a DE0-Nano-SoC board and like to get something done. Could you give me some advices. Have seen lots off tutorials but nearly all of them are pretty old dont want to get into any traps. Also like to use Windows as my host.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Helo there,

You may start to get familial with the SoC devices, I recommend you go to:

https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/Main/GettingStarted

You can select Cyclone V SoC, then select the latest Quartus Version available and the topics you are interested in to get started.

0 Kudos
ManfredO
Beginner

Hi thanks for answering,

I had a look at the rocketboards docs. And i have seen all off those guides needed a toolchain build on top of a linux host OS. I dont like to build a virtual machine and install all the relevant stuff in there. It is too much overhead. Is there a way to develope on an windows host solly. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

You can build on Windows too, but you unable to use the latest version of Quartus.

You can still use the Quartus version 18.1 std, after generating and compiling the GHRD you can use the BSP editor and SoC EDS windows version to make the SD card image.

0 Kudos
ManfredO
Beginner

Hi,

i have some questions on interrupts. What steps should be done to set up the board to get interrupts from fpga and view them in Linux? Do i have to enable any bridges or update the preloader or u-boot? Are there any examples except those provided in SOCEDS.

Thanks and thrilled to here from you

0 Kudos