FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Static power for smallest Cyclone 10 GX device (10CX085)

grinsebacke78
Beginner

We are searching for an FPGA that is economical in terms of power.

In the past we have seen, that many devices share a common die and only restrict the resources artificially.
When looking at static power you 
"pay" for all that is present and together with high  temperatures this gets ugly fast.

There is a gap in the Cyclone 10 GX overview between the 85 device and the rest in respect to the number of transceivers etc. so we hoped, that it might be a separate, optimized device (in the same way as Xilinx has just presented the ZU1 to address the lower ranges).

gap.png

The early power estimator (Excel sheet) won't change the static power
when you switch the devices but I still hoped for something like
"We've done the ES chips
with the big (common) die at the start"

It might be that all this information is somewhere available - in that case please excuse my unnecessary questions. It is however a crucial question at the very start of a project
=> Would be nice to be sure

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I guess same query is asked on other community post. Cyclone 10 GX - power estimation for 10CX085 - Intel Community

I have replied to that post. Shall we continue the discussion there to avoid confusion?

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I guess same query is asked on other community post. Cyclone 10 GX - power estimation for 10CX085 - Intel Community

I have replied to that post. Shall we continue the discussion there to avoid confusion?

Regards.

0 Kudos
grinsebacke78
Beginner

sorry - It looked to me as if I had posted a internal support ticket and not a community post when I did the first.
=> Therefore I did it once more (carefully). Please feel free to delete this post...

0 Kudos