FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Store hex file to the DE1-SoC SDRAM

JSans3
Beginner

Hi as a school project I'm building a RISC-V processor using the DE1 board (Cyclone V). I need to use the SDRAM in order to store de instructions to execute in the processor.

How can I write a hex file, which will contain the instructions to the SDRAM ? If I recall correctly in the older version of the board (the ones that used the Cyclone 2) you could archive that using the Control Panel.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. You can find the hex file instruction in resources column from Terrasic website. The DE1-SoC Board belong to Terasic. It would be better if you could contact Terasic for enquiry related to Terasic board. link: https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=165&No=836&PartNo=4
0 Kudos
JSans3
Beginner

Hi thank you for your response,

I couldn't find the hex file instruction that you're talking about neither understad to which hex file are you refering to.

Since you don't know about the tools to interface with the SDRAM form the computer without using a Qsys component or the ARM. Could you point me to a guide that explains how to map those 64MB of memory of the SDRAM to the ARM processor so I could use the ARM to load the SDRAM ?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hi sir, Thanks for your update. Let me check this with support team as this is out of my expertise.
0 Kudos
JSans3
Beginner

Any help ?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Sorry for the long delay as I was out of office. You could find how to map 64MB memory SDRAM to the ARM processor in arm website. Refer to link http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0161a/DUI0161A_cm10200e_ug.pdf ( 4.1.3 SDRAM DIMM mapping). Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully as this is out of my expertise. Thank you for patience and understanding on this matter.
0 Kudos