FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Stratix 10 BK and AS features

armc02
Beginner

Does the Stratix 10 BK option include the advanced security features, or do you have to choose one over the other?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mengzhe
Employee

It seems AS and BK are different features and won't exist in same devices.

Refer to the following figure, which can be found in Overview, AS and BK can be known from Ordering Code.

S10 overview part number.png

Take Intel® Stratix® 10 GX 2800 FPGA for example, 'AS' and 'BK' are listed in different Ordering Code, which means they appear in different devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WZ2
Employee

Hi,

What does BK and AS refer to, and if AS means Active Series configuration?

0 Kudos
armc02
Beginner

AS and BK are two of the options for the Stratix 10 package as defined in the user's guide.

AS : Advanced Security
BK : Black Key Provisioning

Does the Black Key Provisioning come with the rest of the Advanced Security features?

0 Kudos
armc02
Beginner

Hi,

This document shows Advanced Security (AS) and Black Key Provisioning (BK) as two separate options. If I buy a Stratix 10 FPGA with the -AS option, I assume that it will not include the -BK features. I want to know if I buy a Stratix 10 with the -BK option will it include the -AS feature, or are the two mutually exclusive? This answer is not stated in the provided link. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

It depends on FPGA series.

This chart shows that Stratix 10 GX 10M will not include AS feature, while others will include AS.

AS and BK features of S10.png

0 Kudos
armc02
Beginner

armc02_1-1679673124979.png

My question is if I buy the BK option is the AS included. The chart shows AS suffix devices and BK suffix devices. Nowhere does it say that if I buy the BK suffix device that it will include the AS suffix device features. The way it is written leads me to believe you get one option or the other, not both. Am I losing out on the advanced security features if I buy the BK opn? 

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

It seems AS and BK are different features and won't exist in same devices.

Refer to the following figure, which can be found in Overview, AS and BK can be known from Ordering Code.

S10 overview part number.png

Take Intel® Stratix® 10 GX 2800 FPGA for example, 'AS' and 'BK' are listed in different Ordering Code, which means they appear in different devices.

0 Kudos