FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Stratix-III ADC and read to RAM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have the stratix-III DSP kit. Im using the 14-bit 150MSPS ADC to sample some data from the DACs, write it to DDR2 and then stream it over the UART to a file on the PC. Eventually, this will be done via ethernet. 

Anway, I built a few NCO's to send a waveform through the DAC and an Avalon-ST interface for the ADC. Unfortunately I am running into a few problems. 

My project is attached, if someone can take a look at it, it will be much appreciated! 

1) I have 2, 14-bit LPM_DFFs that take the data in from the ADC. I made them into the Avalon-st source interface using the new component editor in SOPC. The question is, how do I send this data to the DMA controller present in my SOPC design? ie, the component connections do not show possible connections. The DMA controller is a master isn't it?  

2) Assuming I get everything to work, I need to assign pins for the dimm port on my board (Stratix-III DSP development board). Typically, I just used the "golden_top" file that comes with the dev kit. This is not so with the Stratix -III, I have the golden_top file, but when I generate a SOPC block that is meant to interface to the DDR2, my pin names are different.  

For example: 

golden_top.ppf .... 

ddr_q_ds[0]; 

ddr_q_ds[1]; 

SOPC_block.ppf 

mem_ddr_if_d0 

mem_q_if 

How am I supposed to make sense of this? In addition to that, I LOVE how there are almost no examples for this board. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Today I got stratix-III DEV kit, but there are almost no example for the board,too. I've been in frustrated already. If anyone konws where could I get basic example to use this board, I will appreciate.

0 Kudos