FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5151 Discussions

Stratix-III ADC and read to RAM

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have the stratix-III DSP kit. Im using the 14-bit 150MSPS ADC to sample some data from the DACs, write it to DDR2 and then stream it over the UART to a file on the PC. Eventually, this will be done via ethernet. 

Anway, I built a few NCO's to send a waveform through the DAC and an Avalon-ST interface for the ADC. Unfortunately I am running into a few problems. 

My project is attached, if someone can take a look at it, it will be much appreciated! 

1) I have 2, 14-bit LPM_DFFs that take the data in from the ADC. I made them into the Avalon-st source interface using the new component editor in SOPC. The question is, how do I send this data to the DMA controller present in my SOPC design? ie, the component connections do not show possible connections. The DMA controller is a master isn't it?  

2) Assuming I get everything to work, I need to assign pins for the dimm port on my board (Stratix-III DSP development board). Typically, I just used the "golden_top" file that comes with the dev kit. This is not so with the Stratix -III, I have the golden_top file, but when I generate a SOPC block that is meant to interface to the DDR2, my pin names are different.  

For example: 

golden_top.ppf .... 

ddr_q_ds[0]; 

ddr_q_ds[1]; 

SOPC_block.ppf 

mem_ddr_if_d0 

mem_q_if 

How am I supposed to make sense of this? In addition to that, I LOVE how there are almost no examples for this board. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Today I got stratix-III DEV kit, but there are almost no example for the board,too. I've been in frustrated already. If anyone konws where could I get basic example to use this board, I will appreciate.