FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

Stratix IV 530 Dev. PCB factory_recovery mismatch

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I inherited this Stratix IV 530 Dev. board which I can not program the CFI FLASH. I am following the guide but there is a mismatch somewhere. When I try to restore the factory recovery setting of the CPLD and CFI the JTAG codes do not agree with the board components. The board is from 2009. Where do get the .sof, .pof for my board? I downloaded the installation kits for the 530 version 10.1 and 11.1 but they don't work.:( 

Thanks, 

S.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave, 

Good news, I finally managed to program the flash with my user_4SGX530_fpga.flash file !!! For my old Stratix -IV board version 90, I think is was one of the very first of its kind, I used the following procedure: 

1) Generated the .flash file: sof2flash --input=user_4SGX530_fpga.sof --output=user_4SGX530_fpga.flash --offset=0x02000000 --pfl --optionbit=0x00018000 --programmingmode=PS 

2) I configured the flash with the same vintage factory BUP restore_s4gx530_fpga_bup.sof This acts as a platform for the software which actually programs the flash and it must load 100% green or nothing works ! 

3) I then used the following command: nios2-flash-programmer --base=0x08000000 --debug --dualdie user_4SGX530_fpga.flash 

Your suggestion of using --debug --dualdie made the difference ! without it, it just would not work ! 

Thanks, 

S.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Good news, I finally managed to program the flash with my user_4SGX530_fpga.flash file!!! 

--- Quote End ---  

Wahoo! Glad to hear you beat it into submission finally :) 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos