FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5158 Discussions

Stratix IV Development Kit (DK-DEV-4SGX230N) - PCIe 2.x 128-bit Avalon-ST Endpoint

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have implemented a PCIe 2.x 128-bit Avalon-ST endpoint on the Stratix IV Development Kit. 

I have so far been able to read the configuration space of the device; however, I have been unable to observe, via signal-tap, a write operation on the FIFO. 

The FIFO is Avalon-ST (and packet) enabled. The *in_ready and *out-ready of the FIFO are both asserted, of which, means that the FIFO is ready to receive data from the PCIe core and its 128-bit Avalon-ST interface. 

I am asking if someone can look over my IO connections for this particular development kit to make sure that I have all of the required clocks, controls, etc. setup so that the SERDES interface functions properly. I believe I do have it connected properly; however, I just need to bounce it off someone else. The documentation with-regards-to custom endpoint development, outside of the QSsys flow, is very limited; therefore, I may have missed a vital IO connection? If not, it must have something to do with my RTOS interface to the PCIe device. I have used this same RTOS access method on a 64-bit Avalon-MM endpoint implementation without issue. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check out the document and designs posted with this thread: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35678 

The thread discusses the Qsys PCIe core, which you are not using, but it has a top-level file for the Stratix IV GX Development kit, which is what you are after (for comparison with your values). 

Cheers, 

Dave