FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Stratix10 MX dev kit on ubuntu 18.04 - quartus programmer window not detecting FPGA

Gurpreet
Employee

below listed the setup and issue

1. Server setup with ubuntu 18.04
  2. Installed quartus prime pro 21.2 on the server (added USB driver as specified on web)
  3. Plugged stratix-10 MX card on PCI slot, added power cable (J11) and connected USB cable (for bitfile download)
  4. ISSUE: Not able to find the hardware (FPGA) on the programmer window of quartus

any suggestions, what am i doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you are able to check SW2 switch (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/cbc1517362051825.html Figure 3) to see if include the S10? If yes, what do you observed when you performed auto detect in Quartus Programmer?

0 Kudos
Gurpreet
Employee

HI, SW2 switch is in off, off, on, off (1,2,3,4) position. SW2_S10 is in off state.

Autodetect is not helping in detecting the board, programmer window just waits and come back to previous state (no message) SW2_SW10_Stratix.JPG

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you try changing your SW2 to OFF, ON, ON, OFF and OFF, OFF, ON, ON? Then provide me the Quartus Programmer message for both the SW2 switch setting.

Gurpreet
Employee

Device is visible after setting SW2 to OFF, ON, ON, OFF position. thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved after changing the SW2 switch.

0 Kudos