FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

TCL command to generate MAX10 .pof with 2 sof pages dual compressed images

cheye
Novice

When I run the command

quartus_cpf -c input_file.sof output_file.pof, an error message popsup saying

"the compiled configuration mode Dual Compressed Internal images must have 2 pages of data.

Correct, but where do I find the correct syntax to execute this.

This cannot be found in ANY documentaiton. None of the tcl scripting manuals for quartus show this information.

When in Quartus doing Convert Programming Files, it is all fine adding a pages of sof, generate the pof and .rpd, .map etc...

But for the MAX10 in this configuration, no documentation!

Please advise

Is there a way to export commands to a file in quartus? So when clicking a button, that I can see the output on a tcl console, pretty much understand what quartus does? It doesn't appear to output anything, just some messages, but not the actual command.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The easiest way to do this would be to set up the pages in the GUI, create a .cof file, and then reference that .cof with the quartus_cpf command.

Usually, any action you perform in the GUI does display the equivalent Tcl command in the Messages window, so I'm surprised it doesn't appear there for this.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
cheye
Novice

Can you please spefify where in the GUI to setup the pages. Are you referring to convert programming files? I don't see a .cof option here...

And reference .cof how?

No output on the command lineoutput_dual_pages.png

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
cheye
Novice

What is my script at the moment only does

execute_flow -compile

?

quartus_cpf -c file_name.cof doesn't seem to work then