FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4965 Discussions

[Target Connection]: Connected system ID hash not found

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

My quartus project, using Quartus II 11.0 sp1 web edition and Qsys with a DE2-70 board, was made using a working generic project as starting point, made from two terasic example projects, one for controling an LCD and another to control a camera. 

However if anything is inserted in the verilog files, the hardware changes are compiled and downloaded to the board with success, but the software download gives the error below: 

[Target Connection]: Connected system ID hash not found on target at expected base address 

Sorry for any english mistakes, its not my natural language.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi Xkolare, 

I just worked through the same problem. In my case it was that my processor was being held in reset. Can you use SignalTap to check that reset_n is driven high? What changes are you making in the Verilog files? 

Also, you English is quite good :) 

Regards, 

Scott
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

In the verilog files, the changes that I made are implementations of image filters. 

I don't know how to use SignalTap, is it part of the development tools?