HelloDoes anyone know when the Terasic DE1-SOC (at de1-soc.terasic.com (http://de1-soc.terasic.com)) will be available for purchase? Even on their web page the 'order' sub-page is pretty much blank. I guess in the following weeks now, but maybe someone from Terasic could give us more insights? For those who don't know, it's a little bit like a "cost-reduced" version of the Terasic SoCKit. There's a smaller FPGA, less FPGA-side memory, but feature-wize, I wouldn't say that they cut too much, but rather there are things that are "replaced". And many of those changes are good changes from a Development/Educational purpose (standard 40-pins GPIO, 7-seg display, composite TV decoder (who use that anyway? I guess it's still cool for educational purpose, to decode legacy standard-def signal, like my old grandpa used to watch ;)!), 2 USB host instead of 1 OTG, legacy PS/2 keyboard/mouse connector (combo, it you have PS/2 splitter), 8-channel 12-bit ADC. For 50~100$ less than SoCKit. Regards, Eric
It's me again... I just wanted to add that I do wish to buy a Cyclone V SoC board. But I wish to know, do I wait for this new board, or shell out 100$ more right now for the currently available SoCKit?If I would know for example that the DE1-SOC would be available only in 3~4 months, then I would get the higher-priced SoCKit (although I would require to also buy the HSMC to GPIO adapter, that's another 50$, if I wish to experiment with addon hardware/breadboarding). But then again, if I would know that in a few days/weeks, the DE1 will be available, then it would be a shame to have paid 100$+50$ more for featured I don't necessarily need, and missing on other features I do care, when I could have just waited a week or two. Don't you just hate this complete silence regarding availability of products? It's like a gamble. Do I get the existing board, or do I wait (for how long)? I guess Terasic pretty sure know also that if they announce availability, some people will stop ordering SoCKit and wait for the new board. They want to milk on their SoCKit... or I just see conspiracy everywhere :D Regards, Eric
I asked my local Arrow sales rep a few days ago, and he's supposed to come back to me. I also asked Terasic sales. We'll see. Will also update here if I get some news :-)
It's me again!Well, I got news. My Arrow sales rep. got answer from Terasic. Terasic confirmed to him that the kit (DE1-SOC, part number is P0159) would be available at around the end of February. The retail price is on par with the news we got on other news site, that is 199$ USD. So I guess that this follow that the academic version would be 149$, if we follow those same news, which will be great for University programs. Regards, Eric
There are already a few out. Available for order on Terasic site, but already sold out the first batch before it's even available! But some other sites received a few :-) Hurry!Hint: Mouser!