FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Terasic DVI 1080P60

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm working with the DVI daughter card of terasic. I want to make a loopback project with the resolution 1080P60 Hz, but its EDID doesn't allow that. Does any one worked with this kit before ? how to do for modifiying the EDID to support the 1080P 60 Hz. 

thank you. 

Rabia
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found it !!! I have implemented a new EDID file and it supports all resolutions... :)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have a Terasic HSMC-DVI daughtercard which I have connected to a DE4 board. I reprogrammed the EEPROM with the EDID of a 1920x1080p/60Hz monitor and tried running the DVI loopback demo provided by Terasic, but I get a poor quality picture with bright green and red dots along edges in the image. The monitor connected to the transmit port also detects a 1921x1080 image instead of 1920x1080.  

Were you able to get the loopback demo running properly without video artifacts at 1080p60?  

The loopback demo works fine for me at 1280x720p/60Hz.  

I suspect the 1080p60 case has timing problems on the DVI RX PHY interface at 148.5 MHz, but without knowing board delays and skews, I don't know how to properly constrain the DVI RX interface on the FPGA side. 

Thanks for any help.