FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Terasic Multi-touch LCD module Paint Demo with version 15

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having difficulties getting the MTL Paint Demo to work under Quartus 15.0. When building the BSP, the ALT_ENHANCED_INTERRUPT_API_PRESENT flag is set. I make the appropriate modifications to the MTC_Init and mtc_ISR routines to handle the newer rather than the legacy interrupt interface and I can receive interrupts. I have a problem writing to the LCD, either through the gui_vpg or gui calls. If I choose the gui_vpg option and step through, the call to never returns. It ultimately calls vid_paint_block. It appears that this routine hangs after processing 128 lines when attempting the memcpy near the end of that routine. 

Has anyone been able to run this demo in the Eclipse debugger in V15.0? Why would this happen here? It seems that the memory size should be enough.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

by the way, where is this demo you got from? and initially belongs to which SOCEDS version?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This demo is supplied by Terasic with the MTL (multi-touch LCD) display. It is in the Demonstrations/SOPC/DE2_115_SOPC_MTL_PAINTER folder. I do not know what version they used, but the date on their SW download is 24-Oct-2012 so it clearly has not been updated for recent versions.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

most of the examples are tied with specific version, use for it is, you might need to use back the exact version, you see, in 2 years many thing has changed, where i believe it may break some of the feature that been utilize by this demo..

0 Kudos