Thanks

Ms. Tho Thai

Mylan Group

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

May I know, which Stratix III development kit are you referring to? Are you referring to this DK-DEV-3SL150N? Please help to confirm on this.

When did you notice the deform surface on the MAX II device? Are you able to power up the Stratix III development kit kit? Are you able to detect the Stratix III + MAX II device in the JTAG chain using the Quartus programmer tools? Please help to clarify on this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, May I know, which Stratix III development kit are you referring to? Are you referring to this DK-DEV-3SL150N? Please help to confirm on this. * Yes, this is DK-DEV-3SL150N When did you notice the deform surface on the MAX II device? * When we power up the Stratix III development kit Are you able to power up the Stratix III development kit? * No, are not Are you able to detect the Stratix III + MAX II device in the JTAG chain using the Quartus programmer tools? * No, are not. We try We have found this problem on some board Stratix III before. We think that defective material on MAX II device Can we send back for repairing? or you will send new one for replacement Thanks & Regards,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

For you information, we do not offer any repair service. However we do need to check the warranty period of the board for any RMA request. Were there any smoke or burning smell when powering up the board? Is this a newly received board that failed when you try to power on the 1st time? Or have you been using this board normally for the past sometimes then recently it started to failed? Please confirm on this.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, Were there any smoke or burning smell when powering up the board? * Yes, have burning smell when powering up the board Is this a newly received board that failed when you try to power on the 1st time? Or have you been using this board normally for the past sometimes then recently it started to failed? Please confirm on this. * Power on the 1st time is OK but sometimes then recently it started to failed Thanks,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

If you were able to power up and use the Stratix III dev kit for sometimes before it started to failed then the board was not faulty from the beginning. When did you received/purchase the Stratix III development kit? I checked within the internal team and they confirmed the RMA is only valid within the warranty period and due to the board faulty (not user induced failure). The FPGA development kit warranty period is 90 days from the time it was purchased. 

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, The board be shipped from Digi Key on 20-Mar-2018 We summited this problem to Digi Key as well as Intel on 20-July-2018 but it have not resolved until now The board is high value but cannot use long time for our application. We have found total 7 board with same problem on MAX II device. Please help to resolve this problem Thanks & Regards,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

How did you submit the report to Intel on 20 July 2018? I tried to checked internally from IPS cases, there were no report during July 2018. There was only one report in the IPS system in Aug 2018 submitted by Arrow on this Stratix III dev kit. However, I checked from the internal team, for the RMA process the development kit must be under the warranty period 90 days upon receiving the board. Thus this board is no longer under the warranty period. You may refer to link below for more information about it:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd05132010_459.html

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, Attachment is pending email about this case. I report this case form July & summit support request 4 time on Intel page Due to slow response from Digi Key & Intel, we ask Arrow support more I think you should improve quality for this product We are keeping 7 pcs defective here Regards,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

A few days ago, I have received the email attachment that you submitted to Digi Key. I'm still discussing this request internally. To further understand the 7 pieces defective kits (deformed MAX II issue), please provide the following information:

a) each development kits part number

b) each development kits S/N number

c) details on the dev kit failure symptom including pictures

You can send those information to the same email address that was provided to you previously. In the email subject, please stated : 7 pieces Stratix III dev kit failures

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, We have reported issue of defective kits to Altera before These kits are no longer under warranty period so no need to report again Our team are looking new kit for replacement Anyway, thanks for your kind support Best regards,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

Can you provide the part number (P/N) of this  Stratix III dev kit with S/N: 3SL150N0942? There should be a P/N at the back of the dev kit.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi Ms Tho,

To follow up on this request, please provide the part number (P/N) of this Stratix III dev kit with S/N: 3SL150N0942. There should be a P/N at the back of the dev kit. Thank you.

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, Digi Key P/N: 544-2568-ND Thanks,
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

HI Ms Tho,

We have received updates from the internal team, please contact your local authorized Intel Distributors, Digikey to continue request for the RMA process. Include the following information when communicating to Digikey:

a. Development Kit ordering code : DK-DEV-3SL150N 

b. Development Kit #S/N : 3SL150N0942

c. Development Kit #P/N : 544-2568-ND (Digi Key P/N)

d. IPS#00397421

e. Include the debugging steps that was done 

Thank you

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
TTho
Beginner
Dear Nooraini, Well noted with thanks! I will contact with Digi Key now Kind regards,
0 Kudos