cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGao
Beginner

The configuration of FIFO Parameter

Dear Sir/Madam

I will use the IP"Avalon-ST Dual clock FIFO Intel FPGA IP " in Quartus PRO 18.1.

Could you help to check how to config these parameters? I found same hints in datasheet, but don't understand total.

微信截图_20200509155521.png

微信截图_20200509155019.png

Ted.Gao

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi, I am not able to find the specific information for these parameters and how to configure it.

Please allow me some time to consult with the internal team.

Hi, I yet to get an update from the engineering team. Please allow me some time to follow up with them.

Below are details on how to configure the FIFO Parameter. These will be updated in the future Quartus version.

Data Width: Width of data going into/out from the FIFO.
Chanel Width: The width of the channel signal. 0 means that the signal is omitted.
Use Packets: If enabled, the packet signals will be used. Parameter =1 when enabled, disable = 0
Prevent Underflow: Enable or disable underflow. Parameter =1 when enabled, disable = 0
Showahead: When showahead=1, FIFO treats ready ports as read acknowledge that automatically outputs the first valid data word when FIFO is not empty, without asserting the ready signal. When showahead =0, FIFO treats the ready port as read request that only performs read operation and outputs data when the port is asserted.