FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

The device chain in Programmer does not match physical device chain.

HIngl1
Beginner

Jtag ID error.jpgHello,

I am trying to run Open CL on windows for Stratix De 10 pr, while initializing the FPGA with open CL image i get the following error

Error (18952): Error status: The device chain in Programmer does not match physical device chain.

please help me in solving the error

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

From the error message observed, you are programming 1SG280H sof file into 1SX280H FPGA. I would recommend you to recompile your design for 1SX280H device so that the sof file generated can be used to configured into the device.

You may refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/stratix-10/ug-s10-jtag.pdf - Table 3 which shows all the Device ID for Stratix 10 device.

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Thanks John,

I will try that ,and get back to you .

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello John ,

how do i identify which device i am using .

how to compile a Open CL image

can you please eleborate

thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can identify the device you are using by performing Auto-detect using Quartus Programmer tools.

You will need to use the correct OpenCL BSP for you to generate the correct bitstream.

May I know which board are you using and where do you download the BSP?

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

I am using a Stratix De-10 pro FPGA board , device id -1SG280LN2F43E1VG

Web Link for https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=13&No=1144&PartNo=4

BSP-DE10-Pro (1SG280HU2F50E2V) BSP for Intel OpenCL 18.1.1

i cant find a BSP for my device ID , please guide me further.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

when i use Auto detect i get the list of devices to select from, how do i identify my device.

thanksUntitled.png

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please download the 18.1 OpenCL BSP from Terasic. This should be the correct BSP for your board.

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

I will try and update you on it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello John ,

I downloaded the 18.1 Open CL BSP but .Still the error exists

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you recompile your design using the 18.1 OpenCL BSP and use the generated bitstream to program the FPGA? May I know if you are observing the same error message if you are using the new generated bitstream?

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

Which file do i need to recompile please elaborate .

Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to regenerate your AOCX file using the 18.1 OpenCL BSP. If you are still using the AOCX file from 18.1.1 generated file then you will still face the similar issue.

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

can you please guide me where is it located within the 18.1 Open cl BSP downloaded contents.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The list is showing all the device that is having the same Device ID. As long as you are using the sof file that is in either 1 of the device list then you will not received message saying incorrect JTAG ID detected. From the list, you will observed that the device density is the same except for the last few character which determine the transceiver channel count and the device package.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi

I think I make a mistake as your device should be 1SX280H device while the OpenCL BSP that is available from Terasic is for 1SG280H device. Please contact Terasic to see if they have OpenCL for 1SX280H device.

0 Kudos
HIngl1
Beginner

Hello,

I am in contact with Terasic .

thanks

0 Kudos