FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Try to program FPGA from flash memory, I build a PFL IP project with MAX II CPLD chip and generate .pof. While after CPLD programming, the unexpected errors in JTAG server happened,code 12,84,44.

sFu001
Beginner

The development board is "stratix IV GX FPGA development board,530 edition". As the description in the reference manual, I program the CPLD PFL .pof into MAX II CPLD and it can configure the FPGA from flash memory. Before programming, the programmer can setup hardware while after programming, the JTAG errors happen and no hardware detect. After power up again, I can find USB-blaster and auto detect the device. However, the JTAG server error happened again after auto detect. I assume it's because of the .pof file in CPLD while I cannot erase it because of the JTAG server issue.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you provide me your SW4 and SW6 setting? May I know are you using external USB-Blaster or Internal USB-Blaster?

0 Kudos
sFu001
Beginner

SW4.1 OFF, SW4.2 OFF, SW4.3 ON, SW4.4 OFF, SW4.5 ON, SW4.6 ON, SW4.7 ON, SW4.8 OFF. SW6.1 OFF, SW6.2 ON, SW6.3 ON, SW6.4 ON. I'm using embedded USB-Blaster. The SW4&SW6 settings have not changed. Before the programming from flash using CPLD, I can program over embedded USB-Blaster. The file programmed into CPLD may result in JTAG issue after auto detect. I'm confused how can I erase CPLD in the condition no hardware setup in programmer. It's quite urgent. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is it possible for you to use external USB-Blaster? I suspect that when you erase the CPLD then it somehow cause the embedded blaster to be disabled.

0 Kudos
sFu001
Beginner

Could you introduce how to program FPGA & erase CPLD using external USB-Blaster? Need extra specific hardware device and software environment?

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You will need to purchase the cable (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/download-cables.html). Everything else will be the same.

0 Kudos
sFu001
Beginner
0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

If you have any other queries, feel free to create new forum

0 Kudos