FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
6028 Discussions

URGENT-Need alternate for EPM240M100C5N

Rajatkumar1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using EPM240M100C5N in my Project/application. This is going to obsolete in near future. There is no stock for this part from any Distributor.

I am not able to find alternate part for this part over web as no drop in replacements are available from Intel/Other Manufacturer.

Kindly support on this. Any Drop in replacement for this part?

Any support on this is highly appreciated.

Waiting for response !!

Thanks, Rajat

Mobile:9703321533

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

Refer to this documents: MAX® V and MAX® II CPLD Features Product Table (intel.com), EPM240 supports pin migration to EPM570. Please check with vender if EPM570 is available.

BR,

Mengzhe

0 Kudos
Rajatkumar1
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The suggested  part EPM570 also stock is not available from Supplier.

Can you suggest some other parts for which stock is available with the supplier ??

it should be an active part & Year to EOL should be near to 10 Years..

Waiting for your response!!

Thanks, Rajat

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

May I know what kind of migration do you need?

Since MAX II devices are very old and the chart posted only shows the pin migration between EPM240 and EPM570. It's hard to find a pin-to-pin migration solution.

Maybe you can search for other device family, for example, if MAX V is suitable for you?

​There is no direct (vertical) migration between cross family devices. We have to manually migrate the pins, power characteristic and IP variants among different devices.

In a word, we need to know your specific demand in migration.

BR,

Mengzhe

0 Kudos
Rajatkumar1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank for your response.

I am using EPM240M100C5N in my Project/application. This is going to obsolete in near future. There is no stock for this part from any Distributor.

My query is any Any Drop in replacement for this part EPM240M100C5N ?

(Drop in replacement means the ability to replace one electronics  component with another one without any code, configuration or physical changes being required.)

Hope you got my query. I dont want change my PCB footprint for accommodating new FPGA part( So new FPGA part what you are suggesting should have same package as  EPM240M100C5N)

Waiting for your response.

Thanks, Rajat

Mobile:9703321533

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

As you mentioned that you don't want to change PCB, I found MAX V devices 5M160Z, 5M240Z and 5M570Z which have same packaging as EPM240 (MBGA pin) please ask supplier if these devices are available.

But for devices cross family there is no direct migration solution. You have to manually migrate the pins, power characteristic and IP variants among different devices.

For example, you need to check if each pin is corresponding to each other between MAX II and MAX V devices using pin-out files.

Best Regards,

Mengzhe

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

For now I will set this case to Close-Pending. For now your case will be moved to the Outlook for better response and it is easier to be accessed by the local sales representative. 

Really sorry for the inconvenience and delay.

Thank You

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos