FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5891 Discussions

USB Blaster Driver for DE0-Nano

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got the DE0-Nano Education Board today including two cd's, but I have not located the USB Blaster Driver for the DEO-Nano card. Can anyone please give me a download link? 

My system is Windows 7 64 bit. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi  

install the quartus2 , driver to usb is at quartus directory 

quartus/drivers/usb-blaster/ 

try it
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you. I found the driver after installing Quarus II in "C:\Users\pc\altera\10.1" :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you. I found the driver after installing Quarus II in "C:\Users\pc\altera\10.1" 

C:\Users\pc\altera\10.1\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster 

this is quartus directory:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have just purchased this DE0-nano board. 

PC I am using is 64 bit Windows 7 

I am doing what you have explained to do  

Device manager -> then pointing it to the quartus directory with USB Blaster Driver  

but it says windows cannot update the driver so I cannot connect with the board. 

Any other suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? 

I have gotten this PCB to work on an old 32 bit desktop. 

Thanks 

Nig
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try 12.1, the driver works properly.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Leon  

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this now, removing previous version and updating to 12.1,  

Unfortunately this doesn't work either, I'm pointing them to the new folder with the drivers but getting the same 

'windows could not find the driver' 

This is pathetic that this is such a problem, judging by the amount of threads i've read, that they can't get this right.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using Windows 7 x64, and didn't have any problems.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using the same, unfortunately I have, what a pile of crap having to jump through hoops to get an out of the box unit to connect with a pc even before I start trying to work with the thing, 

Just tried the standalone programmer there & still nothing, any other suggestions greatly appreciated,  

As I said I plugged this into a 32 bit machine in college & connected straight away.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It might be trying to install the wrong driver. Mine is using these files: 

usbblstr.sys 

usbblstr64.dll 

usbblstrlang.dll 

usbblstrui.dll 

usbblstr32.dll 

If it is the wrong one you might need to install it manually.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I encountered similar issue before. Go to Device Manager, try manually add it to this path to the USB device: 

C:\altera\12.1\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster-ii\ (not the one layer below e.g. x32 or x64). The system will pick up from .inf and the correct x86 driver from there.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I encountered similar issue before. Go to Device Manager, try manually add it to this path to the USB device: 

C:\altera\12.1\quartus\drivers\usb-blaster-ii\ (not the one layer below e.g. x32 or x64). The system will pick up from .inf and the correct x86 driver from there. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

This problem caused from driver. The windows don't trust this Usb driver for "unsigned agreemet or certificated" 

You must do that, You pluged-in the nano board than enter the "device manager" you can see nano board with notification (as unidentified). Than here right click "driver update" "from my computer" you must choose this dictory "C:\altera\10.1\quartus\drivers" than click ok after that the driver problem is Ok.
0 Kudos